Click here to return to main site...
Given how smart cats are, you can be certain that if cooked or dried food was good for them, they would be making it themselves. In actual fact, a cat’s natural diet is both raw and fresh. It consists almost entirely of small prey eaten, as it were, whole. This is because they need not just the meat but also the bone (which contains vital nutrients and vitamins) to stay healthy.
Sadly, cat food manufacturers don’t seem to realise this, as a quick look at any cat food label will tell you.
We knew the importance of feeding cats raw food when we launched Honey’s Real Dog Food because we have cats of our own. Nevertheless, on the basis that we are only a small, family-run business we decided that we would focus on one thing to begin with – dogs.
Of course, we have always fed our own faithful felines Honey’s but we really didn’t expect anyone else to. So, we were surprised by a steady stream of inquiries from other cat lovers and, in response, we have pulled together some basic information about feeding our food to cats.
In the future, we plan to create a special cat food range and – of course – a special website. But in the meantime, you’ll find the key facts here.
For a free quote or more information, without obligation, please call 0844 656 1566
We are delighted to supply vegetable-free raw food suitable for cats, and most of our feline customers love it. But we all know how fickle cats can be and if – after having received our taster box – your cat decides to turn his or her nose up at Honey’s we are very sorry but we simply can’t be held responsible. Incidentally, if you feed your cat dried food now he or she may have become addicted to it and we would recommend a longer switching-over period.
Top cat feeding tips
1. Cats positively thrive on raw, fresh food. It is what nature intended them to eat.
2. Most manufactured cat food, according to our Chief Veterinary Surgeon, Tom Farrington, does cats more harm than good. He believes it causes 90% of the problems that he treats in his surgery.
3. We produce a vegetable-free, raw, fresh dog food with a lower bone content and more offal and this is pretty close to perfect so far as cats are concerned. You can choose from free range chicken, prime beef, tender lamb, wild rabbit and tasty tripe.
4. Our ingredients are sourced from local, ethical farmers (all our meat is either free range or wild etc). If you buy the same ingredients in the supermarket they will almost certainly cost you more than feeding Honey’s.
5. We grind the bone up very, very small to make sure we supply all the vitamins and nutrition. Note many cats also love being given bones to chew on! Ask us about our free range chicken wings.
6. We will supply full feeding instructions when we send you your food.
7. We supply all our food fresh. It is made one day and then shipped with freezer blocks overnight in boxes that will keep it cold for up to 48 hours. We recommend popping most of it in your freezer until needed.
8. We like to know all about the cats we are feeding. Please send us photos and other news. We make all our food to order.
9. Our Chief Veterinary Surgeon is available for diet-related health advice, if needed. We don’t charge for this.
For a free quote, without obligation, please call 0844 656 1566
Calls are 4p a minute at all times.